Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7 - Finishing the Boneyard

Well, I think that's one of my fastest projects ever. I casted-on the Boneyard shawl on January 3rd and I could bind it off now but I might do one more 12 row repeat. I finished the second skein tonight but I thought it needed a bit more size to it so I wound up the 3rd skein I have of this yarn. Whatever is left over will be awesome for making some toy clothes.




I think I'll take it to our Breakfast Club meeting in the morning and get the opinion of my friend, Brenda, who is a much more experienced knitter than I am.

The designer of this shawl, Stephen West, talks about using Elizabeth Zimmerman's sewn bind off so I want to research that before I cast-off as well. This shawl will be used as a scarf really. I don't like when my face and neck get cold when I'm out walking or out on the snowmobiles.

It was quite cold today and I stayed in for the most part. I spent a lot of time on Ravelry today trying to pick a pattern for the laceweight yellow yarn and another friend posted a pattern in Facebook today called Batik Shawl By Kitman Figueroa. It's so beautiful and uses a 4-ply fingering weight yarn. I'm wondering if I have enough of the Baby Bamboo to make this....

Well, I have my hubby home for the weekend so I don't know what the plans will be but I suspect there'll be some knitting involved.

P.S. I've been goofing around with the design and layout of this blog. I need a specific background that I can't find in the predefined ones and any custom one that I try to put in messes up the way the blog looks. I'm still on the hunt but for today, I like this one.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment