As I mentioned, the pattern calls for 3.0 mm DPNs and I had only 2.75 or 3.25mm so I mistakenly opted for the 2.75mm needles and I cast on the larger amount of stitches. It's still WAAAY too tight. In the picture below you can see the tighter one on the left, that's on my wrist and it's fairly snug on my wrist so there's no way I'd be able to get it on my foot.
So I did the painful thing. I yanked the needles out of the work and ripped the stitches all out. I find that physically painful to do for a moment.
Once I re-cast on the socks on the 3.25mm and worked them back to where I was in the ball of yarn I felt a whole lot better! The yarn feels much nicer and the pattern looks better. The colourway seems to stripe better with the 3.25mm needles.
As you can see I found a cool app to make collages.
I'm almost to the heel flap, about another 3/4". That will have to wait for tomorrow.
Photo Collage app for iPad: Photo Wall Pro for iPad, Version 3.0
Photos Taken with: iPhone 3.0 running OS4.0
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad