Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13 - Kertzer Tweed Montage Bulky Hat & Mitts

I finished the hat the other night but I haven't done the edging yet. I think it's a bit big and floppy. I think I'll do a little swatch of this yarn and see if it will felt a bit. There's also the option of lining it or this hat could become the lining of another hat. Not sure what to do yet but I just love this yarn!





Today I finished the first mitten and got halfway through the second one. They feel really good on. I can't wait to wear them!






The pattern is really well written and easy to follow. It's called Lofty Wool Cable Mittens by Crystal Palace Yarns and is available on Ravelry for free. They're worked on 5.5 mm DPNs (US#9).

There's also a pattern for a matching hat. I wish I'd seen that before I knit the hat above. Hopefully I'll have enough yarn to make another hat. If not, I see another road trip to Listowel to grab some more of this yarn in my near future.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad, photos taken with an iPhone 3 running OS4.0

No comments:

Post a Comment