Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12 - Hand Creams for Knitting

I love the winter but with the nice wood heat comes very dry hands. Dry hands and knitting is not pleasant. But worse than dry hands when knitting is hands with greasy hand cream so I'm always on the hunt for a good hand cream that moistens my hands without leaving a nasty residue.

Brenda hooked me up with a tube of this cream. She tells me quilters use it because it doesn't leave a greasy residue that would then be transferred to the quilts.



I really like it but the other day I stumbled upon a different cream that meets not only the requirement of non-greasy but also it's Canadian made, less than 100km from us (78 to be exact), and is natural.








I googled them but they don't seem to have any web presence. I did buy this lotion from a Mennonite store so maybe they aren't online. I thought it was an odd spelling of the name Reid but it's apparently a mistake on the label. I was curious to see where they were so I used google maps to find them. I feel even better about buying this cream now. It appears that it's manufactured right on the farm!





The store where I purchased this cream is Misty Meadows Market, located in Conn, Ontario. Not open on Sundays. They do not accept Debit or Credit cards so take cash.

Conn is located on Hwy 89 just east of Mount Forest.

I didn't have much time to knit today because it's Wednesday. I did, however, make a big supper of Prime Rib for my hubby and one son. I knit for a wee bit on the mitts, here's a pic of the progress as of tonight:




The cables stand out more in the lighter areas. I am totally in love with this yarn.

Well, tomorrow morning my guys head back to the city to work so I should be able to get some knitting done.

L8r peeps.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad, photos taken with iPhone. Map is a screen shot from Google Maps.

No comments:

Post a Comment