Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 28 - Road Trips and Baby Things

Today was another Friday road trip on the search for some yarn. Brenda and her daughter Charlene and I headed out after morning coffee to Listowel, Ontario - The home of Bernat and The Yarn Factory Outlet It was a nice day, just around -6°C with grey skies, on the way back we met some pretty intense snow...you know the type with the big fat flakes.

I was on a quest for some yarn to make Dianna's grand baby a sweater. Charlene was on a quest for some Nifty Knitters so she can do some loom knitting with her young sons and Brenda wanted some yarn to make baby things as well.

We were able to find all of the things we wanted. We stopped at a nice little pub on the main road in Listowel called The Anchor and had a bit of lunch before we headed back.

Once home, I casted on the back of the sweater that Dianna picked in Ravelry. The pattern is Victoria Sweater with Lace Collar and Trim by Lisa A. Richardson. I got Patons Beehive Baby Sport yarn so it can be machine washed and it's very soft yarn. Pink for the main sweater and white for the lace trim.

Here is my progress as of blog time:



I'm making the smallest size and it's for a 12 month old but I do knit tight so it might be a wee bit smaller. The back is C/O 84 on 4.0mm and can you believe this? I DON'T have a 4.0mm circular long enough to do this. I had to use straight pins and it was really funny because we were talking about the different types of needles and which ones we preferred today and I said I prefer to work all flat items on circulars. HA! I cursed my own self. Oh well, it could have been worse. I could have not had a pair of 4.0mm straights.

More and more I see the advantage to interchangeable needles. I might just have to go back to Camilla Valley Farms and drool over their set of Addi-Turbo Interchangeables.

Well, everyone has gone to bed and it's just me an my old dog, Buddy, downstairs. I might knit a couple more rows before heading up the wooden hill to sleepy land so I'll see ya all tomorrow.

BevKnits with your Daily Dose of Fibre

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment