Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 32 - More Socks and Our Knitting Group

It's funny when you talk about knitting in public, like at a restaurant, it's amazing how many people you will find that either knit or used to knit (or crochet). There are lots of creative people out there.

I love to knit with groups of other knitters, you learn SO much! On Tuesday, we had our first Bitch & Stitch session in Dundalk at Dianna's house. It was awesome even though there was only 3 of us. I'm a complete moron though, I didn't take one freakin' photo while I was there. D-oh!

Dianna is working on a crocheted shrug with this lovely navy blue and rust yarn and she's also working on an pink crocheted afghan using the Pink Harmony from Bernat. She has a knitted scarf on the go too but I think she's going to frog that because it's too wide.

Brenda was working on her white modified fan & feather baby blanket and I was knitting a baby sweater for Dianna's granddaughter. Unfortunately, I went too far before the yoke reduction and had to unknit 3 rows. Then I got the yoke reduction done and then I knit too far and will have to unknit about an inch so I put it aside and pulled out my Bordello Sock to work on.

Dianna made us a lovely pot of coffee and we enjoyed each other's company and got bunch of stuff knit up.

We will be meeting again next week, this time on Thursday so hopefully Debbie will be able to join us.

Socks
Because I didn't take any photos while we were knitting, I thought I'd show you a couple more pairs of the socks I've made.

This pattern is called Eagle's Flight and that yarn is Austermann Step, with Jojoba Oil and Aloe Vera right in the yarn. Lovely stuff to work with and extra lovely to wear.


These socks are made with Filatura di Crosa, Maxime Print. It's a 5-ply sport weight yarn and is also very lovely to work with. This is just the standard sock with a gusset and heel flap pattern. I don't like to do lace or cables with the self-striping yarn so much.


Next week at the B&S I will try to remember to take a few pictures ;o).

Until later,
BevKnits with your Daily Dose of Fibre

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment